If you’re preparing for a career in the business world, you’re undoubtedly devoting a lot of time and effort to your schoolwork, internships and networking. But keeping up with business news is equally important, and these websites can help you apply what you learn in class to real-world situations, from the stock market, to international business, to starting up your own company to social media marketing. Here are 100 best websites for your business news and know-how.
Get headlines, commentary, stock reports, industry news and more from these popular business sites.
- Forbes.com: Turn to Forbes.com for international business and finance news, including special reports, legal cases, and more.
- BusinessWeek: Get investing news, news about specific companies, industry reports, stock market updates and plenty more.
- Bloomberg: From stories about CEOs to the global economy, you’ll find it all on Bloomberg.com.
- CNBC: CNBC covers the stock market, spending, investing, earnings, and other business news.
- Wall Street Journal: One of the most distinguished papers in the entire world, the Wall Street Journal tackles every business industry, from finance to fashion to the environment.
- International Business Times: The IBT covers business news across all industries and around the world.
- Reuters: Reuters’ business and finance pages take a look at small businesses, green businesses, corporations, stocks, funds, currencies, commodities, the economy and more.
- TIME Global Business: Check TIME.com’s Global Business channel for Spanish-language news stories, business news from Europe, Asia, and India, and more.
- New York Times Business and Finance: Get all kinds of business and finance news from around the world, big and small businesses, and more.
- Business News Americas: Get business news from Central and South America here.
- Fortune: Fortune reports on CEO hirings and firings, management, company rankings and more.
These business blogs are fantastic resources for daily news, insight into work culture, business scandal, hirings and firings, and everyday business tips.
- Work Matters: Bob Sutton’s blog helps you make the most of work life, from bad bosses to management to innovation.
- Business News and Opinion: Get analysis, headlines and discussion about business from The Huffington Post.
- Executive Suite: Joe Nocera tracks big business in this blog.
- How to Change the World: Guy Kawasaki’s blog should inspire you to be more innovative and motivated.
- Duct Tape Marketing Blog: Get effective DIY marketing tips and ideas here.
- The Baseline Scenario: Find smart analysis of daily news stories, from banking to international business to economics the housing mess.
- AdFreak: On AdFreak, you’ll find funny news from media and advertising, plus insight into how you should be organizing your own marketing campaigns.
- CEO Blog – Time Leadership: Find all sorts of strategy and efficiency tips and stories on this blog.
- Practically Radical: Bill Taylor’s blog tracks radical business shifts and predicts which businesses will come out on top.
- The Curious Capitalist: TIME’s economics and business blog covers real estate, regulation, banking, politics, international business, hedge funds and more.
Use these business social networks to meet partners, learn about the business world, find investors, search for jobs, and more.
- Brazen Careerist: This social network lets you meet business contacts, control your online brand and more.
- Business.gov: Share business ideas, network, find loans, and ask questions on Business.gov.
- Bankers Ball: Investment bankers congregate on this site for job tips, news, and raucous posts.
- Go Big Network: Startup investors network and find business prospects through this website.
- Biznik: Join groups, read articles and news stories, ask questions and schedule meet ups in Portland, LA, New York and more.
- Fast Pitch: This professional social network helps individuals network and build their online presence.
- PartnerUp: On this network, you’ll find business partners and new small business opportunities.
- StartUpNation: StartUpNation is another social network designed to help entrepreneurs promote their companies.
- E.factor: Find the tools and contacts to grow your business through this network.
- upspring: Learn online marketing skills by social networking your way to the top.
- Ziggs: On Ziggs, you can post your resume, search for jobs, join groups, organize contacts and list yourself in professional directories.
Stock Market and Finance
For finance, investment and stock market news and reviews, check here.
- CNNMoney.com: CNN’s finance channel covers the stock market, banking, investments, small businesses, technology and personal finance.
- Business Index: ABC’s money channel has tools and calculators, plus stories about the economy, employment, debt and credit, and more.
- DealBook: The DealBook blog tracks mergers, acquisitions, hedge funds, Wall Street and more.
- Dealbreaker: This "Wall Street gossip tabloid" includes smart, sharp criticism and commentary.
- BloggingStocks: Analyze the performance of various companies and get the top stock market news of the day.
- Elliott Wave International: Get expert market forecasting and finance news stories here.
- NASDAQ: Get stock information directly from the source.
- Business Finance Mag: Finance execs, from corporate finance to taxes to budgeting and reporting to treasury managers, get their news here.
- Going Concern: Finance and accounting executives follow Going Concern for news and behind-the-scenes info.
- Finance and Accounting: AllBusiness.com’s finance and accounting pages include videos, articles and business tools for keeping up with news, managing money, and more.
If you want to start your own company, consider these websites your must-visit resources for tips, tools, news and more.
- U.S. Small Business Association: Get free online training, business news, and lots of other tips for starting and growing your own company.
- Entrepreneur.com: This go-to site for small business managers and entrepreneurs has tips, tools and articles about investing, sales, advertising, work culture and more.
- Inc.com: Find blogs, business advice, feature articles, tools and more to help you with your small business.
- Bplans.com: On this site, you’ll learn how to write a business plan and find tools, calculators, and other resources to help you put it all into play.
- SCORE: SCORE provides career counseling and tips for growing your small business.
- Grants.com: Entrepreneurs can learn about and apply for business grants here.
- SmallBusiness.com wiki: Get how-to guides, news, local information, and other resources for business law, management, public relations, technology, taxes, human resources and more.
- Entrepreneurship.org: This website provides resources, discussion, tips and articles for entrepreneurs to learn about business operations, marketing, policy and law, and more.
- The Kauffman Foundation: This foundation has founded the Build a Stronger America campaign to connect entrepreneurs so that they can have a say in America’s economic future.
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship: Harvard Business School has made available all kinds of web resources and articles about building a team, enacting a business plan, getting financed and more.
- Small Business Resources: The IRS lists links to all kinds of helpful websites and resources for small business owners to understand Social Security, labor laws, and more.
From MBA rankings to articles, journals and resource libraries filled with continuing education material, these websites will keep you on top of your game throughout your business career.
- SmallbizBooks.com: Here you can find ebooks, textbooks, startup guides, discounted books and more to help you with your business education.
- Business Education: The Economist online has resources for picking the right MBA program, reading about b-school culture, and more.
- Harvard Business Publishing: Here you’ll find articles and other resources for better management, finance, entrepreneurship and more.
- Bnet: Managers and other business professionals turn to BNET for news, strategy tips, articles on work life, and the Business Library, which is full of even more learning resources.
- MBA Ranking: The Economist ranks the top MBA programs in the world here.
- MIT Sloan School of Management: MIT’s business open courseware classes include a huge grouping of resources and lectures in real estate financing, investment, accounting, taxes, business strategy, entrepreneurship and more.
- biz/ed: This UK site is designed to help business students and educators review best practices, business theories, and more.
- Business.com: This all-inclusive website features articles, guides, cheat sheets, tools and more for every aspect of business, from retail to Internet to construction to business travel to sales.
- Business Education Resources: The University of Pittsburgh’s list of business education resources will keep you tuned into annual reports, company information, finance tips and more.
Tips, Tools and Tutorials
These blogs, archives and other websites are full of tips, tools and tutorials to turn you into a better leader, marketer, manager and business professional.
- All Things Workplace: Steve Roesler’s blog is packed with tips for being a better manager and leader.
- KnowThis: Marketing tutorials and marketing news can be found on this site.
- The Practice of Leadership: This is another great blog devoted to teaching business professionals better leadership skills.
- Business Owner’s Toolkit: Find free and member-priced tools, including forms, finance tools and more.
- TOC Resource Pages: Tools of Change for Publishing lists these online publishing tools to help you get your business site off the ground.
- Business Know-How: Become a better public speaker, learn how to negotiate a loan, and more.
- About.com Business and Finance: About.com’s business and finance pages are filled with guides to help you navigate small business issues, best business practices, sales, and more.
- mftrou.com: Here you’ll find tips, articles and games to help you become an effective manager.
- Cybertegic: This SEO marketing company blogs to share tips for businesses who want to show up in keyword searches and reach customers organically.
- Chris Brogan: Follow Chris Brogan’s blog to learn how you can use social media to promote your business.
- GTD Times: Get time management and productivity tips, tools and news here.
Look for jobs, network, and learn about different jobs within business from these websites.
- Penelope Trunk’s Brazen Careerist: Get career advice and tips for surviving the business world.
- United States Department of Labor: The DOL provides statistics, training information, unemployment resources, hiring information, disability resources, retirement plans, workplace safety, wage information and plenty more.
- VentureBeat Profiles: Learn about new startups and get reports on companies you might want to work with.
- Business and Finance Career Resources: Khake.com’s career page gives overviews of careers in business, from events planners to buyers to financial managers to consulting.
- Career Field – Business: Berkeley’s Career Center explains job duties and career culture of various business fields.
- Wisconsin School of Business Careers: Get resume writing tips, salary statistics, interview tips and more.
- Salary.com: Search for jobs and get salary information based on experience and location.
- The hottest salaries: Though it’s from 2007, this report from CNN Money can help you discover your earnings potential in different business fields.
- BLS Occupational Outlook Handbook: Get salary reports, work culture overviews, education requirements and other standards and statistics for various business occupations.
- Career Advice: Let Monster’s guides help you with salary negotiation, resume writing, interviewing and more.
Consumer Reports and Culture
As a business manager, you’ll need to make sure you’re plugged in to what your customers are expecting in terms of product and service. Here you’ll find resources and reports to help your market research and keep you legal.
- Consumer Guides and Protection: USA.gov’s consumer guides and protection page has links to resources about auto safety, recalls, banking, the federal trade commission and more.
- ConsumerReports.org: Keep up with the competition and business and sales trends by checking this site.
Businesses today have to adopt socially and environmentally responsible practices if they want to satisfy customer demands and meet government-regulated standards. Here, you’ll learn all about the new laws, trends and strategies for being energy efficient and beyond.
- GreenBiz.com: Catch up on green business news, energy efficiency, small business practices and more.
- HBRGreen.org: This site from the Harvard Business Review covers "leadership and the environment."
- Greener Choices: Discover what other companies are doing to promote green products, and how consumers are responding.
- The Green Workplace: This blog, inspired by the book of the same name, has tips for businesses to become more green, in and out of the office.
- Understanding the Green Consumer: Find out why consumers are demanding green products, and how you can meet that demand.
- Green Business Guide: Business.gov shares resources and tips for new businesses and existing businesses who want to go green.
- SustainableBusiness.com: Here you’ll get news, job alerts and information about green investing.
From workplace etiquette to international Fortune 500 listings, here are more resources to help you stay on top of emerging business trends.
- Leadership Turn: Develop your leadership skills when you read this blog.
- Focus: Part social network and part business coach, this site can help you make better business decisions.
- EEOC: The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission has information about laws, policies, filing discrimination claims, and more, for business owners and employees.
- PriceWaterHouseCoopers MoneyTree Report: This survey is the only industry-endorsed survey that tracks financing and venture capital support of emerging companies.
- The International 500: Forbes’ list of global 500 companies examines revenues and ranks by country and industry.
- Emily Post Business: The Emily Post Institute has podcasts, seminars and tips for workplace etiquette, business technology etiquette and more.
- MIT Sloan Management Review: The MIT Sloan Management Review covers sustainability in business, innovation, business news and more.
- Business Ethics: Santa Clara University provides online resources for understanding business ethics.