It’s that time you’ve been waiting for since you started the semester- your holiday break. Not only is your break well deserved but it is also well needed. Some students have their vacations planned out down to the minute. Many students decide to go home for the break, some go home with their roommates or new friends, and some go on vacations with other friends and families. What are your big plans for the holidays? If you haven’t quite decided, here are a couple of ideas:
- Just relax- Whether you go home, go on vacation, or decide to stay at school, just relax. The break is given for a reason, and there is no reason to not take it, especially if it’s well deserved. Use this time to catch up with family and friends and on your rest- before you know it, school will be right around the corner again.
- Reorganize yourself-Sometimes between classes, projects, homework and assignments, our living areas, vehicles, and schedules can get a little unorganized. Use your break time to clean out your school and living areas, catch up on your planner and scheduling, and get yourself ready for the next semester.
- Further your education- For those students that wish to continue working on their time off, consider taking an internship. Internships are a great way to learn more about the field you are studying, and may give you more perspective on what you would like to pursue as a career once you graduate. They may also give you credit towards your degree, and some companies and organizations even offer paid internships as well.
- Volunteer- The holidays are supposed to be a happy and special time with family and friends. Unfortunately, many people in our communities, don’t have the means to provide for their families, and lack the necessities to enjoy their holiday season. If you have time to volunteer during the holidays it would surely put a smile on someone’s face and give you a rewarding feeling at the same time.
- Pick up a quick job- If you’ve already taken your couple of weeks off and are dying of boredom, try to pick up a job somewhere. Many stores and malls hire employees to work specifically for the holiday season, so this is perfect for students who only want to work during this time and make some extra cash. You can end it before school starts back up and have some spending money.