Once you get your kids through the terrible twos, and possibly threes, everything is a breeze, right? As many parents learn, raising kids is never a cake walk, no matter their age and resources, advice and knowledge needed at hand is an incredible asset. While your preschool-age child may now be potty-trained, talking, reading and becoming his or her own little person, they still need your guidance to grow up strong and healthy and make the most of their first preschool classes. You’ll find some great resources here that can help you raise or just teach these little ones, with advice on everything from what books to read to what discipline methods are most effective.
These blogs offer some great advice that can help you learn to more effectively relate and work with children. While many are geared towards parents, the insights they offer can work for teachers as well.
- The Savvy Source: Check out this blog for posts containing activities for preschoolers, great kids books and links to reviews of preschools across the nation.
- Empowering Parents: This blog is an incredibly useful resources for learning how to shape your child’s behavior, sometimes even through changing your own.
- Motherlode: Read this NY Times blog to keep up on issues key to modern parenting.
- The Attached Parent: Whether you’re an attachment parenting proponent or not, this blog has a lot to offer in terms of learning how to deal with young kids.
- Childhood 101: Make parenting a little less stressful and a lot more fun with help and guidance from this blog.
- Healthy Happy Hip Parenting: Work on yourself and your abilities as a parent at the same time with help from this blog.
- Parent Hacks: This blog offers some simple solutions to problems and issues that many parents face.
- Parenting Post: Find answers to questions and insightful articles about all things child-related on this blog.
- Parenting Magazine: Filled with great ideas for keeping kids busy and happy, this blog can be a great resource to anyone around little ones.
- Urban Baby: If you have a parenting issue you want to discuss, bring it up here.
- Parenting Today: Stay informed and educated as a parent with the help of this blog.
Raising preschoolers can present some special challenges. Learn more about them and get help on these blogs.
- Amanda’s Parenting Preschoolers Blog: This About.com blog offers up posts that will help you nurture the development of your preschooler’s mind.
- Families.com Pre School Blog: From discipline to saving money, this blog covers all the bases when it comes to raising preschoolers.
- Wonder Time: Focused on young children, this blog covers a wide range of topics which can include proper nutrition, fun activities for kids and even great tools for child development.
- Preschool Rock: Help your kids learn and grow and have fun doing it with the help of this blog.
- Parent to Parent: Those two moms discuss what it’s like raising young children and share their wisdom in posts.
- Preschoolers Today: Learn to better nurture your preschool age children with a little guidance from this blog.
These blogs showcase activities and materials that are perfect for keeping preschool age children busy.
- Books for Kids Blog: Find books appropriate for your child’s age in this blog from an elementary librarian.
- Craftivity Corner: Get your kids involved and creative with some of the great project ideas found on this blog.
- Polliwog on Safari: This blog showcases ways you can encourage your kids or students to be creative and have fun.
- Creative Crafts for Creative Kids: You’ll find a great collection of crafts on this blog that can be perfect for anytime of the year.
- Creative Play Plus: On this site, check out toys, games and ideas that can aid you in helping your kids have fun and grow up right.
- BestKidsApps: If you’re a tech-savvy family, you likely have a phone, iPod or iPad that your kids can play with. Get ideas on the best apps for little ones here.
- The Crafty Crow: You’ll find some of the cutest crafts out there that are simple enough for preschoolers to make here.
- Universal Preschool: Foster young minds with the activities on this blog, perfect for both teaching and having fun with preschoolers.
- Stepping Stones Together: Make reading with children fun with the help of this blog.
- Musings of Me: You’ll find a great collection of resources for working with young learners on this blog.
These blogs will teach you how to keep little ones healthy at home and at school.
- Sweet Pea Chef: Cooking for kids doesn’t have to be complicated. Learn how to help your kids eat well without a struggle here.
- Nourishing Thoughts!: Visit this blog for tips on how to improve your family’s nutrition.
- Healthy Child, Healthy World: If you’d like to provide a greener, more sustainable life for you and your children, check out the information on this blog.
- Mama Data: Read this blog to see one mama debunk all the healthcare data on kids as presented by the media.
- Pediatrics Now: Dr. Gwenn, a mother and pediatrician, weighs in on health and parenting issues on this blog.
- Raising a Healthy Family: From creating a nutritious menu plan to helping picky eaters get the right foods, this blog is a great resource for healthy families.
- Annabel Karmel: Find recipes for family meals and nutrition advice that can help you ensure your young child is getting what he or she needs on this site.
Learn more about early childhood development and education from these blogs.
- Early Childhood: Those working with early childhood education and policy will find this blog to be of interest.
- Early Childhood Brain Insights: Gain a better understanding of how your preschooler’s brain is developing on this blog.
- Hatch Blog: On this blog, you’ll find powerful ideas and products that can help aid developing young minds.
- Early Childhood School Library Blog: You won’t need to look far to find great books for young children when you have this blog at hand.
- Topics in Early Childhood Education: John Funk, an early childhood education expert, offers up his insights on all things education policy here.
- Art and Creativity in Early Childhood Education: Help your little ones push forward their creative sides with the help of the posts on this blog.
Whether you’re homeschooling or working as a teaching in a preschool, these blogs are perfect for learning more about teaching young children.
- Preschool Playbook: With 20 years of experience, this preschool teacher’s blog is a great resource for teachers and parents alike looking for ways to work with preschoolers.
- Preschool Daze: New Creation Preschool shares classroom events and projects through this blog.
- Little Sprouts: Homeschoolers can find inspiration for lesson plans and activities appropriate for little ones here.
- Urban Preschool: This blog is full of great articles and resources for early childhood education.
- Teach Preschool: Find activities that are not only fun for little kids but also teach them important skills as well on this blog.
- The Preschool Professor: Whether you’re teaching or raising preschoolers, this blog is a one stop resources for help with everything from discipline to cool crafts.
- The Pre-K Pages: Parents and teachers will find some great projects on this blog that are specifically designed with young kids in mind.
- PreKinders: Teachers will appreciate the shared lesson plans and activities for preschoolers shared on this blog.
- Successful Homeschooling: Need some ideas for homeschooling preschoolers? This blog has you covered.
- Organized Chaos: This ex-pat teacher shares some ideas that can help maintain order in the classroom.